Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Marriage...


Marriage...
Such a frightening word to me.
Until now.
I see them, after all this time.
Still in love.
I want what they have.
I have learned in this last month,
I need you, I want you, I love you.

Children...
I have always wanted them.
Though I was convinced I did not need a man.
Now I know I don't need one but I want one.
Not just any man, I want you.
I would love my children to grow up with you as their father.
To have a son be half the man you are.
A daughter protected, as I was not.

Forever...
I did not believe in it.
Though now I find myself hoping it's real.
For once I want it.
With you and your family. 
Our own family.
I want this more than anything I have ever wanted.
I want marriage, children, and forever.




1 comment:

  1. Do we hear wedding bells in this one? Another beautiful poem and he must be one hell of a guy to bring out such beautiful words from your deepest thoughts! Can't wait to meet the man that makes you so happy..........Love Gram

    ReplyDelete