Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Writer's block


Writer's block.
To look at a blank page and feel completely overwhelmed.
Better yet to have a ton of ideas and not knowing how to begin them.
Can you imagine not being able to do what your meant to?
Try going to work and not being able to do what your supposed to do.
A call agent who can't remember how to work a phone or computer.
A broadway star forgetting how to read music.
A football player not knowing how to do the plays.
No one truly understands how frustrating writer's block can be.
This is me, what I am meant to do.
It's expected of me to keep a stream of poems going.
What do I do when I can't write?
What happens when it lasts for days?
I'm a writer, there is no calling out sick.
No vacation time, no lack of supplies.
I simply have no excuse.
I have to work.
I have to write.
I am a writer who just fixed her writer's block.


1 comment: